- Articles are typically 1-2 pages with educational information and practical ways for an athlete to apply the information in their own daily routine.
- Example of handout topics:
- Fluid needs- what to drink, how much, does the timing matter, etc
- Calories- do the type of calories really matter? Carbs, protein, and fat – What’s the truth and how much do I need each?
- Supplements- can they make me faster/more competitive and what’s safe?
- Top ten myths about sports nutrition
- Key performance foods for a meet/game
- Dining-out tips for athletes. Real life food choices from common restaurants
- Breakfast meal examples
- Top 5 tips for parents: how to feed your type of athlete
- Coaches: How you can provide your athlete the best opportunity to excel through nutrition